When it comes to meeting the needs of modern customers, fast and convenient delivery is key. That’s why more and more businesses are turning to same day delivery services to get their products into the hands of their customers as quickly as possible. But while same day delivery can be a huge boon to business, it can also be difficult to find the right northern Virginia same day delivery service for the specific needs of your company–and your consumers! In this article, we will discuss how same day delivery can set your business apart from the pack, as well as the top five problems businesses face when looking for a same day delivery service and how to overcome them.
Northern Virginia Same Day Delivery
But First...Why Offer Same Day Delivery?
If you’re a growing business, offering same day delivery services might seem like an unnecessary expense. Especially considering offering this option to customers is likely to lose some profits in the immediate turn, it can be hard to think of it as a long-term investment in your company. However, while this might seem like a painful initial expense, there are a few reasons why business owners of any size should consider providing their customers with expedited delivery services—even if their wares are not sensitive or perishable.
1. Shifting customer expectations: While some online shoppers pinch pennies wherever they can, others are not willing to wait more than two days for their parcel’s delivery. In fact, nearly 50% of consumers expect their package within 48 hours. This suggests that demand for faster and faster delivery times will only increase as time goes on and as more and more businesses begin to offer expedited delivery services. In order to successfully connect with your customers, savvy business owners know that they need to tap into the customer’s wants and expectations not only for the quality of the product but for customer service and timely delivery as well.
2. More likely to make a sale in the long run: When as much as 27% of online shoppers report that they never complete a purchase if the delivery time takes longer than they expect, businesses are losing business to consumers abandoning their cart before completing a sale. In fact, it’s been found that as much as 41% of online shoppers are willing to pay an additional fee for expedited shipping, including same day delivery. While the initial cost of offering same day delivery can appear initially prohibitive in that companies tend to see profit losses in the first few months—and even years—industry leaders agree that in playing the long game for company success, this is where the market is turning.
3. Keeps your business competitive in a dynamic, saturated market: This brings us to our next point—increasing your business’ competitiveness in an ever-changing market full of vendors. The more services you can offer your consumer, the more “fit” your business will be as the market continues to evolve with consumer demand. And, while roughly 36% of eCommerce vendors reported offering same day delivery service in 2021, it is projected that many more will participate in this trend within the next few years.
Top 5 Problems Businesses Have Finding a Same Day Delivery Service
As more and more delivery services are rushing to “get in the game” with same day delivery, it’s not unusual for developing businesses to have their choice of courier. However, not all couriers offer the same value of service for their rates—so it’s important to do a little digging before settling on a delivery company to work and expand with for years to come. So entrepreneurs know how to identify and avoid them, here are the top five problems fledgling same day delivery services tend to have:
1. Creating central warehousing and fulfillment locations: This might seem like a no-brainer, but having a relatively central fulfillment center where packages can circulate and be redistributed is crucial to a quick turnaround time. One of the most fundamental aspects of a delivery service that you can look into is its primary location. If this is compatible with rapidly delivering to your customers’ primary locale, then you are likely a good fit for same day delivery service.
2. Inefficient routes and navigation: If a delivery service is using outdated or unreliable GPS or routing software, they are less likely to make the most efficient delivery route possible. Ask your delivery service how they tackle the big problem of efficiency with such a time-sensitive task!
3. Lack of equipment, vehicles, or qualified couriers: If a delivery service is just starting out, they might not be well established with tools, software, transportation, staff, or even proper warehousing. Look for an established delivery service with plenty of client testimonies to ensure you’re working with a qualified and professional agency in which it is worth it to place your trust.
4. Communication and tracking throughout every stage of the process: Do the northern Virginia same day delivery services local to your business area offer comprehensive tracking from order placement up until delivery? This includes keeping a record of a product’s journey from warehouse to doorstep, and may even entail photo evidence of delivery. This ensures that warehousing needs are managed and that customers are appropriately taken care of!
5. Taking accurate inventory: If you don’t know exactly what’s in your warehouse, how can you order your next round of products? Maintaining an accurate inventory of your assets—including during production, warehousing storage, and transport—is essential for business owners to effectively keep their wares moving and the positive cash flow coming. Insuring your inventory is well-monitored not only prevents unnecessary profit loss but helps entrepreneurs manage everything from warehousing space to delivery times.
Best Northern Virginia Same Day Delivery Service: Rapid Response
While there are some people who remain skeptical about the role same day delivery has in a company’s success, there can be no denying that industry behemoths have started paving the way for this service to become the future of eCommerce. If you are a business owner in northern Virginia, same day delivery service might seem cost prohibitive at a first glance. However, when as much as 88% of online shoppers say that they are willing to pay extra for same day delivery, with projections of retailers offering this kind of service predicted to continue to expand into the future, choosing not to offer this service may be like fighting the tide.
If you’re looking for high-value northern Virginia same day delivery services from an industry veteran with reliable results, contact Rapid Response Delivery today! Offering everything from warehousing management systems to freight, logistics, and order fulfillment, Rapid Response is your solution to scaling your business toward exponential growth.